Ceramic Tile Mastic
Choosing An Organic Mastic Adhesive
Although inferior to a quality thinset mortar,
top quality projects can be achieved using an organic mastic adhesive.
- Avoid using organic mastic adhesives for floor installations.
- Bows, dips, and waves on finished sheetrock and ceramic tile
backerboard panels should be repaired prior to installing ceramic tile.
- Never use organic mastics adhesives to install bathroom fixtures
or marble sills. Use a non-sanded thinset mortar or other appropriate
bonding agent instead.
- We recommend the use of Type I or better water resistant organic
- Manufacturers have varying methods for mixing and installing their
product. These instructions should always be carefully followed.